Suggested Timeline for Completion of Degree
Full-time students will be able to complete the degree in a twelve-month period, with three or four courses in both Fall and a Spring semesters, and a supervised Practicum and Master’s essay in the following summer.
Part-time students who take only the minimum of two courses per year may take as long as four academic years (with a summer Practicum and Master’s essay). Likewise, students in NYU professional schools may, with permission of their deans, take an additional course each semester and in summers, and thereby complete the M.A. along with their professional degrees.
To accommodate students who are otherwise fully employed, the core courses are given in the early evening. Most electives, however, are earlier in the day.
Practicum Opportunities (Partial)
- Child Life Program (Bellevue)
- Hospital Bioethics Committees (Tisch, Bellevue, VA)
- Victims of Torture Program (Bellevue)
- Bronx River Alliance
- Center for Biodiversity at the American Museum of Natural History
- New York City Soil and Weather Conservation District
- Wildlife Conservation Society